WoW Classic grouping

Massively multi player or otherwise

Re: WoW Classic grouping

Postby AndonSage » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:56 pm

frede wrote:I should be around on Saturday, but my toons are too low of level, 23 or 24 druid, and 22 hunter. If there is one that would be more useful I will level that one to the 26-28 range for next weekend.

We'll just see who's online, and figure it out from there :) But you probably will want to get someone to high 20's at least.
Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day. - George Orwell, 1984
AndonSage
Grand Summoner of Words

Postby frede » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:41 pm

I currently have a level 26 druid and level 30 hunter.

I could use Blackfathom Deep for both.
I could use The Stockades for the hunter.

Am open to helping anyone else for their dungeon.

frede
frede
Master Giant Hunter

Postby Rome » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:05 pm

I'll be around all weekend.
“While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past.”
― Jack Vance
Rome
* Has more cowbell *

Postby AndonSage » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:45 pm

Nice run through Gnomeregan last night!
Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day. - George Orwell, 1984
AndonSage
Grand Summoner of Words

Postby frede » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:27 pm

I canceled my WoW account on Wednesday and I will not be in game in the future. At this point I can no longer support Blizzard with their stance on the Blitzchung Hong Kong protest and their reactions to those who supported it. They are actively supporting Chinese censorship and that I will not support. Besides, I have lots and lots of other games to play.

The statement made by Blizzard China was (as translated to English): "We are very angered and disappointed at what happened at the event last weekend and highly object to the expression of personal political beliefs in any of our events. As always, we will defend the pride and dignity of China at all cost."

For more info just web search “Blizzard Hong Kong” for a few.

A couple of youtube channels that have covered the topic, there are many, many more.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChI0q9 ... 7dAu_-J-hg

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfwE_O ... jkzuSi1Nag
frede
Master Giant Hunter

Postby AndonSage » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:21 pm

I don't know if this makes it better, but here's Blizzard's statment:

REGARDING LAST WEEKEND’S HEARTHSTONE GRANDMASTERS TOURNAMENT
AndonSage
Grand Summoner of Words

Postby Rome » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:07 pm

I'm already paid up for the month. Blizzard seems to be backing off a bit. They're giving him the money and cut his suspension in half. 6 months is still a long time, though. I'll see what the situation is when the next payment is due.
“While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past.”
― Jack Vance
Rome
* Has more cowbell *

Postby AndonSage » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:13 pm

I decided a long time ago that if I let politics interfere with what I did, I'd never watch TV, listen to music, or play games, because 99% of all the writers, musicians (not counting country music, which I don't listen to anyway) and developers are left wing.

Rome, your friend Blue was on today.
AndonSage
Grand Summoner of Words

Postby AndonSage » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:46 pm

I forgot to mention that I would be away this past weekend. I was playing boardgames all weekend, with some out-of-town friends. I managed three wins, once for Iron Dragon and twice for Stone Age. :thumbup:
Also played Wingspan, Union Pacific and Lords of Waterdeep. Took a break, though, to watch Ohio State run all over Wisconsin :) Didn't bother watching the Browns since I knew they would lose :lol:

We've got the carpet cleaners in here now, the last step in getting our Den back together after the water damage a year ago, so I expect I'll be back playing in-game this afternoon at the latest.
AndonSage
Grand Summoner of Words

Postby Rome » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:17 pm

I'm letting my sub to WoW lapse. Not so much because of the political stuff but because I just don't find it a very interesting game. The character types aren't engaging and they seem weak compared to characters in other games. The world seems generic and dull. I've been playing DDO the last few days for their Halloween event and just find the experience more enjoyable. There are also some character-types I want to try. I pop into LOTRO, too, and enjoy that. The rogue in LOTRO is just so much more fun to play than the rogue on WoW. As is the Hunter.

Anyway, I'm out. Good hunting, all!
― Jack Vance
Rome
* Has more cowbell *

Postby Bolandbt » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:48 pm

I won't be on till later tonigt, will be feeding candy to the little local monsters from 6pm to 8pm.
=Bandit= (tm)

"The longest journey ever made, began with a single step."

"Life is what happens while you were making other plans."
Bolandbt
=Bandit= ™

Postby AndonSage » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:38 pm

AndonSage
Grand Summoner of Words

Postby Leif » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:50 pm

I'm up to 36 on my shadow priest, if anyone ever needs a +1 in the evenings, PST. Name is Snøblomst, since my Snowblossom was taken already. Also a baby mage (19) named Arrian. And various and sundry alts including a bank alt for the pages of the Green Hills of Stranglethorn quest named (obviously enough) Greenhill.

It's funny, I guess I don't understand why you don't find the game engaging compared to other games. I've popped in and out of all the ones I've played in the last 15 years, and WoW is the only one that pulled me back in. EQ and DAOC are too dated, Star Wars of whatever flavor just never engaged me. I played DDO for a while, again, got a flying carpet drop just as a new expansion hit, and the changes to crafting in that expansion just left me cold, quit and haven't looked back yet. LoTRO is the one that just seems too generic to me, or maybe it's the disconnect with the reality of Tokien in my head vs. the game realization that I fund upsetting. The newish Ultima was a complete bust. Haven't tried whatever space game Roberts is putting out, maybe I should try that once I hit 60 in WoW, unless something (crosses fingers and toes) newer and better comes out. Diablo IV aint it.

But hey, tastes vary, I acknowledge that. Do what makes you happy. WoW makes me happy atm.

Leif
Leif
Accomplished Fay Killer

Postby AndonSage » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:05 pm

Leif, are you on the Mankrik server? If so, do a /who House Arcanum and whoever is on can invite you to the guild.
AndonSage
Grand Summoner of Words

Postby Leif » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:36 pm

I'm on the Atiesh server, unfortunately.

Leif
Leif
Accomplished Fay Killer

Postby Bolandbt » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:55 pm

Classic had free server moves last week. Not sure that's still available but worth looking
=Bandit= (tm)

"The longest journey ever made, began with a single step."

"Life is what happens while you were making other plans."
Bolandbt
=Bandit= ™

Postby AndonSage » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:35 am

Just fyi, Urchin left the guild today for a guild that was doing dungeons and raids at level 60. I wished him well, and thanked him for the help he gave us.
AndonSage
Grand Summoner of Words

Postby AndonSage » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:06 am

Great dungeon run in Scarlet Monastery tonight! Maybe we can do Armory & Cathedral next week?
AndonSage
Grand Summoner of Words

Postby AndonSage » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:59 pm

Uldaman is a bit of a stretch for us right now. Jaerie at level 40 was getting resisted half the time on the 44+ mobs. It might be better if we finished up SM Armory & Cathedral next week.

I did find out what the "Remains of a Paladin" are for, though. The necklace we got that started a quest has the turn-in NPC in the Mystic Ward in IF. He'll ask for 5 silver bars. After that, he needs the original gems, which are apparently on the Remains of a Paladin. So maybe we can finish up Uldaman in two weeks. If Catlyn can get some more playtime to level up, that'll make it easier.
AndonSage
Grand Summoner of Words

Postby AndonSage » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:02 am

The Lunar Festival is currently happening. If you want an easy way to get the Moonglade flight point, without having to do a bunch of faction farming to get through the Firbolg tunnel in Winterglade, this is your chance. Talk to one of the new Lunar NPCs in a major city, and head to IF Mystic Ward. Get the Lunar Fireworks quest and complete it there, then get the next quest, which will port you to Moonglade.
AndonSage
Grand Summoner of Words

PreviousNext

Return to RPG's