LOTRO: Low res vs high Res

Massively multi player or otherwise

LOTRO: Low res vs high Res

Postby WendyG » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:45 am

As it has done with AC2 (not sure about DDO as I didn't play), Turbine is offering a high res texture pack on the LOTRO game DVD. It will decrease your performance (and no doubt come with a 512Mb video card memory recommendation/requirement) but offers high resolution textures.

Not sure if anyone here has tried it yet and can confirm the requirements. But I found a couple of shots and thought I'd link them here for comparison:

Dwarf creation screen standard res

Dwarf creation screen high res

Outside shot high res

Wendy
"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept."
- Ansel Adams
WendyG
** Walinja **

Postby Rome » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:16 am

Yep. I'm using the hi-res now and everything just seems to be in better focus. And, the game runs smoothly at 1920x1400 at second highest quality setting. It actually runs decently at the highest but there is a bit of hitching from time to time. I do have a 512Mb video card...the ATI1950 Pro.
“While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past.”
― Jack Vance
Rome
* Has more cowbell *

Postby Razzle » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:29 pm

The high-res shots look noticeably crisper to me. I'll give the high-res pack a try when my game DVD arrives. I preordered from Gamestop online, which I think means I get a boxed game with a DVD eventually. I hope.
Razzle
Orator

Postby Cindy » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:47 pm

To heck with the resolution, I want that hat! :)
"Can you imagine a world without hypothetical situations?" - George Carlin
Cindy
Supreme Shinkicker

Return to RPG's